Corn and soybean planting season may have been extreme, but there are many benefits to seeding alfalfa this time of year. As alfalfa stands age, yield potential declines. Consider that shorter rotation alfalfa crops provide numerous advantages in your whole farm cropping plan. University of Wisconsin notes the following:
- Younger alfalfa stands typically provide greater yields
- Increased corn silage yields following alfalfa
- 10-15% higher corn yields following alfalfa
- Additional legume credits
- Less rootworm insecticide needed after alfalfa
Talk with your AgVenture Yield Specialist to learn about our alfalfa product lineup today.